This reading group guide for Deed to Death includes an introduction, discussion questions, ideas for enhancing your book club, and a Q&A with author D.B. Henson. The suggested questions are intended to help your reading group find new and interesting angles and topics for your discussion. We hope that these ideas will enrich your conversation and increase your enjoyment of the book.
1. There are a series of plot twists and shocking discoveries throughout Deed to Death
. Which of these developments surprised you the most?
2. After Scott’s funeral, everyone moves quickly to secure his financial assets. Brian, his estranged brother, wants his estate, while Clint wants his business. Did these actions arouse your suspicions? Who did you suspect might have an ulterior motive, and why? Were your suspicions correct?
3. Scott designed their custom-made dream house. What does the house symbolize throughout the novel? What does it mean to Toni?
4. Almost all of the characters in Deed to Death
have secrets. How do these secrets influence each character and their actions? Are any of the characters able to overcome their past demons?
5. Why don’t the police believe Scott’s death could be a homicide? Did you ever believe Toni was in denial, or did you think she was on the right track all along? In real life, do you think it’s important to question the police&r