Deed to Death
But just days before their planned nuptials, Scott plummets to his death at one of his construction sites and Toni is forced to bury her fiancé on their wedding day. Now living all alone in their new, custom-made dream house, dealing with her loss becomes even harder when the police rule his death a suicide. Yet Toni refuses to believe that it could be anything other than a tragic accident.
When she learns that Scott’s estranged brother, Brian, is contesting the will, threatening to take away her home, Toni starts to suspect that it may not have been a mere accident but something more sinister. Without the cooperation of the police, and in spite of her friends’ growing concern that she’s in denial and not dealing with her grief, Toni begins investigating on her own. As she crisscrosses Nashville on a mission to prove to herself and the world that Scott wouldn’t try to escape this life, Toni can’t shake the sinking feeling that something is off, that she’s being followed—and that her search for truth may have deadly consequences.
A riveting novel of suspense, Deed to Death marks the launch of an exciting new talent.
Deed to Death
To download a file to your computer right-click on the link and choose 'save file as'
High Resolution Images
Book Cover Image (jpg): Deed to Death
eBook 9781451649611(0.1 MB)
Author Photo (jpg): D.B. Henson
Photo by Loveless Fine Photography(2.4 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
Reading Group Guide
1. There are a series of plot twists and shocking discoveries throughout Deed to Death. Which of these developments surprised you the most?
2. After Scott’s funeral, everyone moves quickly to secure his financial assets. Brian, his estranged brother, wants his estate, while Clint wants his business. Did these actions arouse your suspicions? Who did you suspect might have an ulterior motive, and why? Were your suspicions correct?
3. Scott designed their custom-made dream house. What does the house symbolize throughout the novel? What does it mean to Toni?
4. Almost all of the characters in Deed to Death have secrets. How do these secrets influence each character and their actions? Are any of the characters able to overcome their past demons?
5. Why don’t the police believe Scott’s death could be a homicide? Did you ever believe Toni was in denial, or did you think she was on the right track all along? In real life, do you think it’s important to question the police&# see more