Alexandra Cooper, Manhattan's top sex crimes prosecutor, awakens one morning to shoking news: a tabloid headline announcing her own brutal murder. But the actual victim was Isabella Lascar, the Hollywood film star who sought refuge at Alex's Martha's Vineyard retreat. Was Isabella targeted by a stalker or -- mistaken for Alex -- was she in the wrong place at the wrong time? In an investigation that twists from the back alleys of lower Manhattan to the chic salons of the Upper East Side. Alex knows she'sin final jeopardy...and time is running out. She has to get into the killer's head before the killer gets to her.
To download a file to your computer right-click on the link and choose 'save file as'
High Resolution Images
Book Cover Image (jpg): Final Jeopardy
Mass Market Paperback 9780671010126(0.9 MB)
Author Photo (jpg): Linda Fairstein
Photo Credit:(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
Reading Group Guide
Questions and Topics For Discussion
1. What unique perspective does Linda Fairstein’s background—head of the Sex Crimes Unit of the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office—allow her to bring to her novel? How much of the author do you think there is in Alexandra Cooper?
2. How would you describe Alex? What are her strengths and weaknesses? Is her professional persona at all different from her private one?
3. This novel blends a classic whodunit with multiple other story lines. While involved with Isabella Lascar’s murder, for instance, Alex is also trying to bring a serial rapist to justice and is helping her staff try a number of other cases. Did you like the way that the various stories were woven together?
4. What roles do Mike Chapman and Mercer Wallace play in Alex’s life? What do they have in common with each other, and what makes each unique?
5. Did Isabella Lascar remind you of anyone in particular? Had you mentally cast a particular movie star in the role?
6. FINAL JEOPARDY feels strikingly realistic. The scene in which men are selected for a line-up, for instance, offers a memorably authentic view of the day-to-day workings of police department. Did other, similar details stand out for you? Did you learn anything new in this novel?
7. Why is Martha’s Vineyard such an important place for Alex? Why is it a significant see more