Learn to Speak and Understand Indonesian with Pimsleur Language Programs
- Indonesian, also known as Bahasa Indonesia, is the official language of Indonesia.
- Indonesia is a form of Malay, an Austronesian (or Malayo-Polynesian) language, which had been used as a lingua franca in the Indonesian archipelago for centuries.
- Standard Indonesian pronunciation, which is taught in this course, is based on the language of Jakarta.
- Indonesian is spoken by nearly 35 million people as a first language and by 150 million people as a second language. It is also spoken in Thailand, East Timor, Sri Lanka, Africa, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Netherlands, and the US.
- Besides Indonesian, there are over 300 local languages spoken in Indonesia, however, Indonesian is the primary language in education, government, business and communication.
- Written Indonesian uses the Latin alphabet (like English), there are 26 letters.
- New sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Indonesian language instruction (the first sixteen Units of Pimsleur’s 30-Unit Comprehensive Program), replaces the Compact Indonesian.
- Essential grammar and vocabulary that teach you greetings, numbers, how to order food and drink, deal with currency, scheduling a meal or meeting and to give and ask for directions. Learn to speak with near-native pronunciation skills.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations. fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- Completely Audio - anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
See a Sample
Excerpt 1 of 1