The Memory Quilt
A Christmas Story for Our Times
Grandmother feels as if her life and loves have all passed, leaving her alone to reminisce about the joy of yesteryear and the real Christmases she celebrated. But as she opens her heart to the stories of the Virgin Mary, the truth of what really matters to her comes to light. At the end, she folds up the quilts she has made and ventures off to share their joy and warmth with the children in a local shelter, leaving them with something to keep them physically and spiritually cloaked.
With ten life lessons divined from the story of Jesus’ birth, A Christmas Story for Our Times is a charming, thoughtful treat for those who consider the Christmas season to be the most special time of the year.
A Christmas Story from Bishop T. D. Jakes
Hear an Excerpt
To download a file to your computer right-click on the link and choose 'save file as'
High Resolution Images
Book Cover Image (jpg): The Memory Quilt
Unabridged Audio Download 9780743599818(0.7 MB)
Author Photo (jpg): T.D. Jakes
Photo Credit:(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
Reading Group Guide
- Mid-week Prayer Service or Bible Study: During the Christmas season, use The Memory Quilt as a closing or opening activity during mid-week prayer service or Bible study.
- Women’s Missions Society: Use The Memory Quilt to begin the meeting and set the tone for your Christmas season missions study. After opening the session, the leader or a member of the group should read aloud an excerpt from one chapter that touched her and study that chapter as a group. If you want to engage in a longer study of The Memory Quilt, plan a special Christmas gathering to study the entire book at a relaxed social holiday meeting.
- Private or Church-related Prayer Group: Use The Memory Quilt as a focal point at your meetings leading up to Christmas.
- Sunday School: Combine The Memory Quilt with a close-ended Bible study. Choose a Bible passage from The Memory Quilt as the focal point of study, and discuss elements of the story in that chapter of The Memory Quilt that help to expound on that passage.
- Evangelism and Outreach: Use The Memory Quilt as an evan