The Prisoner of Cell 25
The Prisoner of Cell 25
To everyone at Meridian High School, fourteen-year-old Michael Vey is nothing special, just the kid who has Tourette’s syndrome. But in truth, Michael is extremely special—he has electric powers. Michael thinks he is unique until he discovers that a cheerleader named Taylor has the same mysterious powers. With the help of Michael’s friend, Ostin, the three of them set out to discover how Michael and Taylor ended up with their abilities, and their investigation soon brings them to the attention of a powerful group who wants to control the electric teens—and through them, the world.
#1 New York Times bestselling author Richard Paul Evans introduces a character whose risk-filled exploration marks the beginning of a riveting new series. With only his powers, his wits, and his friends to protect him, Michael will need all his strength to survive….
Michael Vey is the first title in Glenn Beck's Mercury Ink publishing program.
- Simon & Schuster Audio/Mercury Ink |
- 8 disks |
- ISBN 9781442346499 |
- August 2011 |
- Grades 7 and up
Richard Paul Evans on MICHAEL VEY: The Prisoner of Cell 25
Videos related to this book
Hear an Excerpt
To download a file to your computer right-click on the link and choose 'save file as'
High Resolution Images
Book Cover Image (jpg): Michael Vey
Unabridged Compact Disk 9781442346499(1.6 MB)
Author Photo (jpg): Richard Paul Evans
Photography by Tracy Evans(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
Reading Group Guide
Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25
By Richard Paul Evans
1. Based on the book cover and the book title, what do you think this book will be about?
2. What do you think is so special about Michael Vey?
3. Who do you think the prisoner is going to be?
4. Based on the prologue, how do you think the book will end?
5. Do you think Michael is capable of abusing his special powers? Why? Explain
6. Realistically, other than moving, what other alternatives does Michael have to keep his powers a secret?
7. Do you think Michael can trust Taylor? Why? Explain
8. Why do you think the evil man called his co-hort Zeus?
9. Why do you think the evil gang took Michael’s mom and Taylor?
10. What has happened to Taylor at the beginning of Chapter 18?
11. What is Nichelle’s role in the book? Why does the author have someone like Nichelle in the book?
12. What does Michael have that reminds him of his mom and brings back memories that are painful to remember?
13. If you had a special power, what would that power be? How would you use it? Do you think you would be tempted to use it for the wrong reasons?
14. Michael is bullied by some bigger boys. If a friend confided in you that he was being bullied, what would you advise him to do?
15. What do you think motivates someone to bully someone else? Do you think fear might be part of it? W see more