The Prisoner of Cell 25
- reading group guide
- customer reviews
My name is Michael Vey, and the story I’m about to tell you is strange. Very strange. It’s my story.
To everyone at Meridian High School, Michael Vey is an ordinary fourteen-year-old. In fact, the only thing that seems to set him apart is the fact that he has Tourette’s syndrome. But Michael is anything but ordinary. Michael has special powers. Electric powers.
Michael thinks he's unique until he discovers that a cheerleader named Taylor also has special powers. With the help of Michael’s friend, Ostin, the three of them set out to discover how Michael and Taylor ended up this way, but their investigation brings them to the attention of a powerful group who wants to control the electric children – and through them the world. Michael will have to rely on his wits, powers, and friends if he’s to survive.
Richard Paul Evans on MICHAEL VEY: The Prisoner of Cell 25
Read an Excerpt
Chopsticks and Spiders
“Have you found the last two?” The voice on the phone was angry and coarse, like the sound of car tires over broken glass.
“Not yet,” the well-dressed man on the other end of the phone replied. “Not yet. But we believe we’re close—and they still don’t know that we’re hunting them.”
“You believe you’re close?”
“They’re two children among a billion—finding them is like finding a lost chopstick in China.”
“Is that what you want me to tell the board?”
... see more
To download a file to your computer right-click on the link and choose 'save file as'
High Resolution Images
Book Cover Image (jpg): Michael Vey
Hardcover 9781451656503(2.4 MB)
Author Photo (jpg): Richard Paul Evans
Photo: Debra MacFarlane(0.2 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
Reading Group Guide
Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25
By Richard Paul Evans
1. Based on the book cover and the book title, what do you think this book will be about?
2. What do you think is so special about Michael Vey?
3. Who do you think the prisoner is going to be?
4. Based on the prologue, how do you think the book will end?
5. Do you think Michael is capable of abusing his special powers? Why? Explain
6. Realistically, other than moving, what other alternatives does Michael have to keep his powers a secret?
7. Do you think Michael can trust Taylor? Why? Explain
8. Why do you think the evil man called his co-hort Zeus?
9. Why do you think the evil gang took Michael’s mom and Taylor?
10. What has happened to Taylor at the beginning of Chapter 18?
11. What is Nichelle’s role in the book? Why does the author have someone like Nichelle in the book?
12. What does Michael have that reminds him of his mom and brings back memories that are painful to remember?
13. If you had a special power, what would that power be? How would you use it? Do you think you would be tempted to use it for the wrong reasons?
14. Michael is bullied by some bigger boys. If a friend confided in you that he was being bullied, what would you advise him to do?
15. What do you think motivates someone to bully someone else? Do you think fear might be part of it? W see more