The Neyer/James Guide to Pitchers
An Historical Compendium of Pitching, Pitchers, and Pitches
- A "dictionary" describing virtually every known pitch
- The origins and development of baseball's most important pitches
- Top ten lists: best fastballs, best spitballs, and everything in between
- Biographies of some of the great pitchers who have been overlooked
- More knuckleballers and submariners than you ever thought existed
- An open debate concerning pitcher abuse and durability
- A formula for predicting the Cy Young Award winner
- Something fresh and new: Bill James' "Pitcher Codes"
The Neyer/James Guide to Pitchers is about understanding pitchers, and baseball's action always starts with the pitchers. It's also about entertaining debates and having a great deal of fun with the history of a game that obsesses so many.
To download a file to your computer right-click on the link and choose 'save file as'
High Resolution Images
Book Cover Image (jpg): The Neyer/James Guide to Pitchers
Trade Paperback 9780743261586(0.3 MB)
Author Photo (jpg): Bill James
Photo by Crystal Image Photography, Lawrence, Kansas(4.8 MB)
Author Photo (jpg): Rob Neyer
Photo Credit:(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit