Portuguese is the mother tongue of about 230 million people, mainly in Portugal and the Portuguese islands in the Atlantic, Brazil, and Portugal’s former overseas provinces in Africa and Asia. Pimsleur’s Brazilian Portuguese teaches the São Paulo metropolitan accent.
Pimsleur's Conversational Portuguese (Brazilian) Program
Sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Brazilian Portuguese language learning (the first sixteen Units of Pimsleur's 30-Unit Brazilian Portuguese Comprehensive Program).
• Essential grammar and vocabulary that teach you greetings, numbers, how to order food and drink, deal with currency, scheduling a meal or meeting and to give and ask for directions. Learn to speak with near-native pronunciation skills.
• Reading Lessons begin in Unit 11 to teach you how to read Brazilian Portuguese
• No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
• Fasy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
• No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
This 3rd edition (© 2014) is a new edition of Portuguese (Brazilian), Conversational.