Two of the nation's most successful corporate leadership consultants now reveal their proven, systematic program for using the power of "high-integrity" politics to achieve career success, maximize team impact, and protect the company's reputation and bottom line.
Each day in business, a corporate version of "survival of the fittest" is played out. Power plays, turf battles, deceptions, and sabotages block individuals' career progress and threaten companies' resources and results. In Survival of the Savvy,
Rick Brandon and Marty Seldman provide ethical but street-smart strategies for navigating corporate politics to gain "impact with integrity," helping readers to:
- Identify political styles at work through the Style Strengths Finder, and avoid being under or overly political
- Discover the corporate "buzz" on you, and manage the corporate "airwaves"
- Decipher unwritten company rules and protect yourself from sabotage and hidden agendas
- Build key networks to promote yourself and your ideas with integrity
- Learn to detect deception and filter misleading information
- Increase your team's organizational savvy, influence, and impact
- Gauge the political health of the company and forge a high-integrity political culture
In addition, Survival of the Savvy
helps individuals discover and overcome their own political blind spots and vulnerabilities. They learn step-by-step methods to avoid being underestimated or denied full recognition for their achievements. It shows them how to put forward their ideas and advance their careers in an ethical manner, with a high level of political awareness and skill.
After reading this book, you will never have to say, "I didn't see it coming." Organizational savvy is a mission-critical competency for the complete leader. This timely and timeless book provides cutting-edge strategies and skills for surviving and thriving as you build individual and company success.