Survival of the Savvy
High-Integrity Political Tactics for Career and Company Success
Each day in business, a corporate version of "survival of the fittest" is played out. Power plays, turf battles, deceptions, and sabotages block individuals' career progress and threaten companies' resources and results. In Survival of the Savvy, Rick Brandon and Marty Seldman provide ethical but street-smart strategies for navigating corporate politics to gain "impact with integrity," helping readers to:
- Identify political styles at work through the Style Strengths Finder, and avoid being under or overly political
- Discover the corporate "buzz" on you, and manage the corporate "airwaves"
- Decipher unwritten company rules and protect yourself from sabotage and hidden agendas
- Build key networks to promote yourself and your ideas with integrity
- Learn to detect deception and filter misleading information
- Increase your team's organizational savvy, influence, and impact
- Gauge the political health of the company and forge a high-integrity political culture
In addition, Survival of the Savvy helps individuals discover and overcome their own political blind spots and vulnerabilities. They learn step-by-step methods to avoid being underestimated or denied full recognition for their achievements. It shows them how to put forward their ideas and advance their careers in an ethical manner, with a high level of political awareness and skill.
After reading this book, you will never have to say, "I didn't see it coming." Organizational savvy is a mission-critical competency for the complete leader. This timely and timeless book provides cutting-edge strategies and skills for surviving and thriving as you build individual and company success.
Deborah Harrington, National Training Director, Citibank North America
Read an Excerpt
Introduction: A Political Wake-Up Call
A Corporate Survival of the Fittest
A corporate survival-of-the-fittest situation does exist, especially in tough economic, competitive, and cost-conscious times. Nobody likes to admit that a company has destructive politics or gamesmanship, but good people can become "squirrelly" in any organization given today's pressures. Naïveté and lack of organizational savvy can threaten anyone's influence, organizational impact, career growth, team credibility, and company results. But we will show you how to overcome any potential political disadvantage by...
Get our latest book recommendations, author news and sweepstakes right to your inbox
To download a file to your computer right-click on the link and choose 'save file as'
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Survival of the Savvy
eBook 9780743274296(2.3 MB)
- Author Photo (jpg): Rick Brandon
Photo Credit: Ed Lederman(0.5 MB)
- Author Photo (jpg): Marty Seldman
Photo Credit:(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit