Too Little, Too Late
She took marriage vows to be honest and true, but Jasmine's still hiding secrets to keep her husband, Minister Hosea Bush, by her side. When Hosea's ex-fiancée, Natasia, suddenly appears in New York, Jasmine knows it's not a coincidence. A former manstealer herself, Jasmine is very aware of Natasia's motives -- even if Hosea is not.
Complicating Jasmine's life is the secret she's kept from her baby's daddy. Luckily for her, Brian Lewis has problems of his own. His wife, Alexis, is convinced he's cheating on her -- but Brian's real betrayal is much worse. Revealing the truth to his wife could lead him back to the biggest mistake of his life...Jasmine.
Two marriages are in desperate jeopardy. Will Jasmine be able to scheme to save her own? Or will she have to choose between protecting her past and compromising her future? Even if Jasmine and Brian find the courage to stop the lies, it may be too little, too late....
Author V.C. Murray Book Signing Slideshow
To download a file to your computer right-click on the link and choose 'save file as'
High Resolution Images
Book Cover Image (jpg): Too Little, Too Late
Trade Paperback 9781416552529(2.2 MB)
Author Photo (jpg): Victoria Christopher Murray
Rochelle Scott Design and Photography(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
Reading Group Guide
1. In A Sin and a Shame, Jasmine reached a major turning point in her life when she told Hosea the truth about her affair with Brian -- a point she refers to as the distinction between the Old Jasmine and New Jasmine. In Too Little, Too Late, how does Jasmine's "inner Jezebel" threaten to reemerge?
2. Hosea and Jasmine both are guilty of lying by omission when it comes to past relationships. What reasons do each of them give for never mentioning their former loves? Were you surprised to discover that Hosea had secrets of his own? Why or why not?
3. Why does Jasmine hesitate to travel to Los Angeles with Hosea? How does Natasia's presence turn the tables on her?
4. In what ways do both Jasmine and Brian reconcile their respective "fresh starts" with the secrets they continue to keep? What kind of compartmentalization do they each have to create in order to convince themselves that they are making the right choices?
5. The author splits the novel into parts that exclusively follow each of the two main couples in this story. What effect does this have on your reading experience? In what ways do the two couples' stories parallel each other? Where do they diverge? Explain why you did or did not like this technique.
6. Brian challenges Alexis: "If I had cancer, would you leave me?" Do you think this is "playing fair"? Why or why not? What effect do his words ultimately have on Alexis? Why, in the end, does she l see more